Since we are going to be traveling on Father’s Day, we celebrated Father’s Day a week early. I bought my husband a Father’s Day card from me, but I wanted Buddy to be able to give his dad a homemade card. There’s just something extra special about a homemade card, especially when it’s from a child.
I’m including a copy of our template in case you want to make your own Father’s Day photo card.
Here is what you’ll need:
- A printed copy of our template
- Two 8.5″ x 11″ pieces of cardstock
- Three 4″ x 6″ photos
- Scotch tape
- Double sided tape
- Permanent marker
- *Optional * – paint and paintbrush
- Print the template and cut it out.
- Trace the template on one piece of cardstock. (I did this with permanent marker.)
- Cut out the design on the cardstock.
- Use scotch tape to tape the photos in place and trim to fit.
- Fold the second piece of cardstock in half vertically (hot dog style).
- Place the folded cardstock behind the DAD photo card. Line up the bottoms of both pieces of cardstock. Trace the DAD card on the folded card.
- Cut the folded card so that the extra parts of the card won’t show behind the DAD card.
- Use double sided tape to tape the DAD card to the folded cardstock.
- *Optional* Paint the child’s hand and put inside card. (I actually did this first before I folded and cut the cardstock, but if I did it again, I would do it last.)
- Use permanent marker to write a message inside card.
Here’s what the final product looked like:
I hope you have a wonderful Father’s Day celebrating the important fathers and father figures in your life. Hubby loved his card, and I hope your dad will too. If you make this card, I’d love to see a picture!