This time of year, I’m always looking for great gift ideas for Buddy. Stocking stuffers are especially difficult for little ones because anything too small can be a choking hazard. But there are still a lot of great things available for stocking stuffers for young kids.
Buddy was 8 months old at his first Christmas, and a year and a half at his second Christmas. This year he is two and a half. Below is a list of things that I’ve gotten for his stockings. I’m also including a few of our favorite travel toys that we got at a different time of year, but that would be great in a stocking.
*Disclaimer – I have included affiliate links for your convenience. Should you choose to purchase a product through one of these links, I will get a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting my family*
Great for Both Babies and Toddlers
- Bath Toys – I got the Munchkin Barnyard Friends bath toys for Buddy’s first Christmas, and we still play with them. This year I bought the Munchkin Fishing Toy to go in Buddy’s stocking.
- Balls – I bought the Bright Starts Activity Balls for Buddy as an infant, and they were a favorite for a long time. We throw beach balls around all the time at our house, and that would be great in a stocking. Koosh balls are also lots of fun.
- Pull back vehicles – I got a pull back James train last year and it is by far the best pull back toy I’ve ever seen. Buddy didn’t even know Thomas and Friends at that time, and now that he’s obsessed with trains, he loves it even more.
- Cars – Buddy got O’Ball Go Gripper cars last year. This year I have a small Lightning McQueen car for him.
- Small board books – As an infant, Buddy loved small finger puppet books. We have also done Indestructible books in stockings, and they are so great because they take up no space! The dollar store also has nice, small board books.
- Snacks – Puffs, yogurt melts, fruit snacks
- Small stuffed animals
- Toy phone or remote – Buddy got this Fisher Price phone in his stocking as an infant and this VTech remote last year. This year we got a Thomas the train “phone” that makes sounds for a small board book.
- Finger puppets
- Mittens and mitten clips
- Ornaments – This year I bought a firetruck ornament for Buddy on one of our trips this fall that will be in his stocking.
- Small instruments – kazoos, egg shakers, or other small instruments. Buddy loved this musical instrument set as an infant (his favorite gift on his first Christmas.) Some of them are too big for a stocking, but several would fit well.
Baby Stocking Stuffers
Toddler Stocking Stuffers
- Two piece puzzles – We got a great one from the Target dollar spot. This one is similar to one I made for Buddy.
- Crayons – We love Crayola triangular washable crayons. Our current set is well loved and it will be nice to have a new box.
- Color Wonder markers – We have one book (Thomas – of course) but it only comes with a few markers. Buddy will find more in his stocking and extra Color Wonder paper later on Christmas day.
- Card games – Buddy is just starting to get into games. We have a family memory game made on Shutterfly, this Go Fish animal game, and an World of Disney Eye Found It card game for his stocking this year.
- Thomas the train minis – I bought one set of these minis before a trip this year and Buddy LOVED it! I’m excited to give him some new ones with some of his favorite trains.
- Stickers – Puffy ones are our favorite, and right now there are some great ones at our dollar store. Party stores also have great stickers for cheap.
- Duplo animals – Buddy is obsessed with Duplos. We got him this animal set earlier this year. I found some small bags with a mystery animal and a few squares at Toys R Us that we will put in his stocking this year.
- Colorforms – They are reusable stickers that are so travel friendly. We love them! Here is a link to some great ones from Frozen, but you can also find them sometimes at the dollar store.
- Fun Band-aids – Buddy wants Bandaids all the time. I’m sure he’s not the only toddler who would find this fun.
- Play doh and tools – Last year I wanted some small tools that we could use on a plane. I found these dough tools from Caryko that are great!
I hope this helps with your holiday shopping! Please add a comment if you have a great stocking stuffer that I’ve missed!