I love when I find easy activities to print and use with Buddy. There are so many mom blogs with awesome activities ready to use! This week, I wanted to feature my favorite printables that I’ve tried with Buddy, as well as some that I’m looking forward to using. Almost all of the ones I’ve used have been laminated with my Scotch laminator (affiliate link), which I love! It makes it easy to save these activities to use again and again.
Buddy loves matching activities! We tried this truck one from Royal Baloo’s blog, and Buddy loved it! There were a lot of cards and many similar ones (several different police cars, fire trucks, etc.), so the second time through I edited it down to one of each type of car. He’s so into cars right now, so this was perfect for him.
Other matching printables:
- Hat matching printable from Powerful Mothering
- Transportation preschool pack from Homeschool Creations
- Baby and mother animal matching cards from Kiz Club
- Fruit color matching from Totschooling
I blogged about our nature scavenger hunt earlier this summer (read about it here.) The printable we used was from Life With My Little’s blog. Her pictures made it really easy for Buddy to know exactly what we were looking for. And we both had so much fun finding the things on this list.
Other scavenger hunt printables:
- Airport scavenger hunt from Fun with Mama
- Coloring airplane scavenger hunt from Mama.Papa.Bubba
- Fall scavenger hunts from The Resourceful Mama
- Zoo scavenger hunt from eLeMeNO-P Kids
I loved this shape board game from Simple Fun for Kids’ blog. Buddy and I tried it out on one of our Time to Read Tuesdays after reading a shape book. We used shape buttons to be our markers. The shape die got a little crumpled, but the game was a lot of fun. This was Buddy’s first board game, and he really liked it.
Other toddler game printables:
- Pets Bingo Game from Powerful Mothering
- Cars and Trucks Bingo Game from Brain Power Boy
- I Spy for Kids Printable Game Sheets from The Pragmatic Parent
- Printable Little Pet Matching Board Game from Life Over C’s
These construction movement cards are another amazing printable from Royal Baloo. Buddy had a lot of fun picking up one card at a time and moving like that construction vehicle. It was a great way for Buddy to work on his gross motor skills in a fun way.
Other movement printables:
- Down on the Farm gross motor game from Modern Preschool
- Printable animal activity dice from Twitchetts
Since I’m a teacher, I get really happy when I find great activities that go along with a book. It’s so important to read, and the activities make it extra fun. 1+1+1=1’s blog has so many great book related printables, including these ones that we used with the book Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? (affiliate link)
Other book printables:
- Board book printables for toddlers from Totschooling
- 20 famous story retelling ideas and printables from Kindergarten Works
Buddy loves Duplos, so I put together a Duplo Busy Bag for our summer plane trips. I took pictures of many different small Duplo scenes that could be made from the blocks in the bag. He really loved picking out a picture to make, and then putting it together himself.
Other Duplo activities:
- Duplo counting and matching busy bag from All Our Days
- Alphabet Duplo Cards from Wildflower Ramblings
- Lego Duplo Number Cards from One Beautiful Home
After looking back through my Pinterest boards to find these printables, I’m reminded of a lot of new fun ideas to try with Buddy. Hopefully you found something that was helpful for you too! Please comment if you have any other great printable links for toddlers.